Here’s what we’re reading this morning:
- Mayor Walsh will cut the ribbon on the “Connect Historic Boston” protected bikeway (featured in a 2018 Streetfilms video) at noon today.
- MassDOT is soliciting public comments on its proposed 2020-2024 capital investment plan, with public hearings tonight in Braintree and Fall River.
- The Boston Herald’s latest “On the Move” podcast episode features a conversation withPaul Regan of the MBTA Advisory Board.
- In the print edition of the Herald, a story on how an “exodus” of retirees out of the MBTA could hinder the agency’s operations and capital investment plans.
- California’s latest cap-and-trade auction collected a cool $740 million from climate polluters, reports Streetsblog California.
- The two sides of Somerville: in simultaneous meetings last night, residents clamored for the city to tear down the McGrath Highway, and also freaked out about the possibility of losing some on-street parking on Powderhouse Boulevard.